It’s difficult not to love hummus, and being the versatile dish that it is, there is usually at least one kind of hummus that tickles your fancy. I like them all – spicy, zesty, tangy, black bean-y, you name it and I’ll eat it. Being naturally dairy-free, it’s a perfect dish to bring to a party because many people, regardless of dietary preferences, can and will eat hummus. It’s high in protein, fiber, and monounsaturated fats, making it a triple threat. It takes about five minutes to make and can be used as a salad dressing, sandwich or wrap spread, and of course, a dip. Hummus makes itself very tough not to adore.
- 1 can (15.5 oz) chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 1 Tbsp tahini (aka ground up sesame seeds, found in just about every supermarket)
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1/2 of a lemon)
- 2 packed Tbsp green olives, about 14 small ones (stuffed or not stuffed; they’re both good), plus one for topping, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend away! Serve with vegetables, pita bread, and love hehe.