Not much to do here today since this city is covered in a foot and a half of snow…and that’s fine by me! I’m always cold, and my thermostat doesn’t want to go past 70, so what am I to do? Turn the oven on and bake of course! I wanted to make a cobbler, and was really hoping I would have frozen peaches in the freezer just so I could pretend I was a southern belle and call this recipe a Peach Cobbler. But I didn’t. This recipe would also be delicious with strawberries, but since my car is buried and the mayor declared a state of emergency, I didn’t think it was too necessary.
- 1 cups blueberries
- 1 cups mixed berries
- 2 Tbsp (1/4 cup) sugar – I used raw
- 2 Tbsp (1/4 cup) any flour – oat, rice, whole wheat, etc.
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp orange juice (or other acidic juice)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
*This recipe has a thicker crust and less filling; if you’d like more fruits and juices, double the filling recipe.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the filling ingredients together.
- In a blender, mix the almonds, oats, and walnuts together.
- In a medium bowl, add the mixture from the blender along with all other topping ingredients.
- Scoop the filling into a casserole dish (9 x 5, 8 x 8, or whatever you have on hand – the smaller the dish, the deeper the filling layer will be) in one smooth layer.
- Add the topping in one smooth layer and bake for 35 minutes, uncovered. Enjoy!