Thanks to some of you who reached out to me, I was able to see that this recipe (posted last year) was no longer available. I wasn’t able to retrieve it, so I decided to remake it using pecans instead of walnuts. You can find the recipe for these raw, vegan, caramel clusters beneath these random pregnancy thoughts by yours truly.
- I’m trying to drink lots of water – I carry around my 74 oz water jug at work and at home, and now it’s just a habit to take swigs of it throughout the day. I try to drink one and a half of these a day.
- Umm, maternity pants are the greatest invention ever and I want to wear them for the rest of my life! I feel like I’m wearing leggings everyday. On a similar note, I was not loving the belly band so much. It’s useful in that it’s economical because you can still wear your old pants, but I felt like I was walking around with my pants around my knees all day long. Really cute.
- I dowloaded all of my pictures from my camera onto my computer and then saved them to shutterfly. I figured what better time to do it before I’m busy with baby? And now it won’t take 10 minutes for my camera to upload the thousands upon thousands of photos I had (most of which were food photos – 34 pictures of hummus? I’m such a loser!).
- I can’t wait to get into the new house where the lighting is so much better! I have so many food blogging ideas of which I can’t always do in my dark apartment.
- Knowing how loving and affectionate Justin is with me, I can’t wait to see how in love he will be with the baby ❤
- I haven’t had crazy pregnancy cravings like ice cream and pickles. I have my usual cravings, but if it’s something that’s not good for me and baby, I will usually just let the craving pass or make a healthier version. Of course, this doesn’t happen 100% of the time. Some things I have been loving though are sorbets like this one. My current fav is strawberry. I’m also loving orange juice (and I make sure to drink it with my prenatal vitamin since the vitamin C helps the body to absorb the iron better). I’ve also been substituting orange juice for almond milk when I make my after dinner sorbets and they’re soo delicious. I don’t even need to add in maple syrup because the juice adds that extra sweetness. Cereal! I’ve never been the biggest fan of cereal in the morning. I just felt there were so many more interesting choices. But lately, it’s all I want. And it has to have banana in it! Of course, I’m still loving bagels and I eat them about 2-3 times a week. Sometimes more…
- Speaking of iron, I’m supposed to take an iron supplement because of my slight anemia, but I haven’t gotten around to that yet!
- As for packing lunches for school, I’m obsessed with coconut milk yogurt (So Delicious‘s Greek Style is my favorite), granola bars, oranges, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and Amy’s frozen vegan wraps are my go-tos. Those sound like a week’s worth of lunches, but I actually pack all of them in my bag each day : ) The peanut butter and jelly sandwich usually doesn’t stay in my bag long – I usually eat half of it for breakfast and the other half with my yogurt and granola for lunch. On those days, I’ll leave the Amy’s wrap home.
- I like the Honest company’s prenatal vitamin because it’s made with whole-food based ingredients.
- The midwives at my birthing center are a lot more strict than I am with this pregnancy and they require me to take all of these classes like breastfeeding and natural childbirth. I suppose when she was telling me to register for these I thought she was just suggesting them; however, at my last appointment I found out she was dead serious and I felt like a student getting in trouble by the teacher. So long story short, I have my breastfeeding class on Wednesday evening and made the childbirth education class for April. Sometimes I need a push in the right direction because I tend to take quite the laissez-faire approach to life! Another thing I was supposed to do was find myself a pediatrician, so if any of you local gals/guys like yours, I’d love to hear from you!
- I am still going to the gym about 3-4 times a week; however, the feeling is not as rewarding since I’m sweating way less and just getting bigger. I continue to go though for the long term benefits and because it does help boost my energy and keep everything else in check…digestion, mood swings, obesity (ha!)…
- Would love to hear from anyone who can relate – my skin gets itchy/tingly at nighttime. A few times I had to get up and take a shower just to stop myself from going insane. I’ve read up on it but most accounts are about itchiness in contained areas, like the stomach and breasts. This is not the case for me as my whole body becomes irritated and I’m just curious if anyone else knows what I’m talking about…
- Now that I’m a couple of weeks into my third trimester, I do feel a bit more fatigued than my second trimester, but I’m still able to go to sleep early so this isn’t such a calamity for me.
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Blend the dates until gooey. Soaking them for 30 minutes helps create a creamier mixture.
- Combine the date mixture with the chopped pecans and form into clusters.
- Melt the oil and combine it with the cacao and maple syrup.
- Dip the clusters into the chocolate sauce and refrigerate for about an hour. Repeat the dipping for an extra chocolatey sauce!