It’s the last day of 2016 and what a crazy year it has been. There have been some highs and lows; the highs would have to include the birth of our baby boy and buying our first home together, and the lows have been learning experiences which have only strengthened me and my family. I used to always say this next year Is going to be the best yet! However, now I am taking it day by day, with the confidence of knowing that life will have many more highs and lows. It’s all about the attitude one chooses to have towards them. On our refrigerator we have a short piece titled ATTITUDE, and it states: The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people say or do. It is more than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company…a house of religion…a home. The remarkable thing is you have a choice every day regarding the attitude you will embrace for the day. We cannot change our past…we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable…The only thing we can do is play on the one thing we have and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you…because YOU are in charge of your attitude.
- 4 cups of oats
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 extra ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Oil for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend the oats until a powder is formed.
- Pour into a bowl along with the baking soda, baking powder, chia seeds, cinnamon, and salt. Mix.
- In another larger bowl, add the peeled bananas, maple syrup, molasses, and vanilla extract. Mix.
- Combine the ingredients by slowly adding the dry ingredients to the banana mixture. Stir well and add half (1 cups) of the walnuts.
- Grease a muffin/cupcake pan. Pour the mixture to the top of each muffin holder. Top with the remaining walnuts. Makes 12 muffins. Enjoy!