Oh, these are fun. They’re super easy to make and can be the perfect side to a hearty meal or a perfect little scooper to pair with a dip or spread. I’ve made these to go with wintery soups, guacamole, veggie proteins like tempeh, and each versatile meal shared one commonality – these potatoes were the best part!
Ingredients (makes 24 baby potatoes):
- 24 baby creamer potatoes (or yukon gold potatoes cut into quarters if you must substitute)
- 1/2 cup oil (I used extra virgin olive oil)
- 1/2 cup garlic powder
- salt to taste
- optional: green herb for garnish (scallion, parsley, cilantro, etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil and garlic powder and mix well.
- Line up the potatoes on a baking sheet and lightly brush the mixture onto each potato. If you do not have a basting brush, simply use your hands to coat. *Note, use less than half of the mixture because you’ll want to generously coat the potatoes during the second bake.
- Bake potatoes for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and use a drinking glass that has a flat bottom (or similar object) and smash each potato until flat like in the picture. Once all are flattened, brush the remaining oil/garlic mixture generously onto each potato. Sprinkle each one with salt. Place back in the oven and bake for another 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Garnish and enjoy with your favorite dip, soup, or entree!